The GR740 device is a radiation-hard system-on-chip featuring a quad-core fault-tolerant LEON4 SPARC V8 processor, eight port SpaceWire router, PCI initiator/target interface, CAN 2.0 interfaces and 10/100/1000 Mbit Ethernet interfaces.
- GR740 prototype devices and development boards are immediately available.
- Radiation tests of the first silicon have been performed during 2016. Results are summarized in the validation technical note further down on this page.
- Flight models will use a second silicon revision with qualification to be performed in collaboration with the European Space Agency. Current planning is to be able to provide flight models during Q4 2018.
- System frequency: 250 MHz
- Main memory interface: PC100 SDRAM
- SpaceWire router with SpaceWire links 200 Mbit/s minimum
- 33 MHz PCI 2.3 initiator/target interface
- Ethernet 10/100/1000 Mbit MACs
- CLGA625 package
- Fault-tolerant quad-processor SPARC V8 integer unit with 7-stage pipeline, 8 register windows, 4x4 KiB instruction and 4x4 KiB data caches.
- Double-precision IEEE-754 floating point units
- 2 MiB Level-2 cache
- 64-bit PC100 SDRAM memory interface with Reed-Solomon EDAC
- 8/16-bit PROM/IO interface with EDAC
- SpaceWire router with eight SpaceWire links
- 2x 10/100/1000 Mbit Ethernet interfaces
- PCI Initiator/Target interface
- MIL-STD-1553B interface
- 2x CAN 2.0 controller interface
- 2x UART, SPI, Timers and watchdog, 16+22 pin GPIO
- CPU and I/O memory management units
- Multi-processor interrupt controller with support for asymmetric and symmetric multiprocessing
- SpaceWire TDP controller and support for time synchronisation
The GR740 device is targeted at high-performance general purpose processing. The architecture is suitable for both symmetric and asymmetric multiprocessing. Shared resources can be monitored to support mixed-criticality applications.
Quad-Core LEON4 Next Generation Microprocessor Development Board
The GR-CPCI-GR740 evaluation board has been designed for evaluation of the Cobham Gaisler GR740 device:
A socket for use with prototype devices is available from Ironwood Electronics. The part number is C14992.